TOP TEN SIGNS YOU MAY NOT BE READING YOUR BIBLE ENOUGH
10) The preacher announces the sermon is from Genesis . . . and you check the table of contents.
9) You think Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob may have had a few hit songs during the 60s.
8) You open to the Gospel of Luke and a WWII Savings Bond falls out.
7) Your favorite Old Testament patriarch is Hercules.
6) A small family of woodchucks has taken up residence in the Psalms of your Bible.
5) You become frustrated because Charlton Heston isn’t listed in either the Concordance or the Table of Contents.
4) Catching the kids reading the Song of Solomon, you demand: “Who gave you this stuff?”
3) You think the minor prophets worked in the quarries.
2) You keep falling for it every time when the pastor tells you to turn to First Condominiums.
1) The kids keep asking too many questions about your usual bedtime story: “Jonah, the Shepherd Boy, and His Ark of Many Colors.”