JELLY BEAN PRAYER
Have you heard the story of the jelly beans?
The black ones are a symbol of our sinful heart, cold and hard not a good start.
The red ones would be, the blood shed for you and me.
The white ones would mean washed white as snow, by the blood of Jesus do you know?
The green ones mean growth for our clean heart, so we can tell others of Jesus, now that’s a good start.
The yellow ones would mean streets of gold, like the ones in Heaven, as in the book of Revelation are told.
The purple ones are to mean like the robe He wore, when our sins on the cross He bore.
So the next time you see a bag of jelly beans, you will know what the colors mean.
– Another Version –
* RED * is for the blood He gave.
* GREEN * is for the grass He made.
* YELLOW * is for the sun so bright.
* ORANGE * is for the edge of night.
* BLACK * is for the sins we made.
* WHITE * is for the grace He gave.
* PURPLE * is for His hour of sorrow.
* PINK * is for our new tomorrow.
A bag full of jelly beans colorful and sweet,
Is a prayer,
is a promise,
is a very special treat.
— Authors Unknown