1. Never put yourself last. 2. When you extend a helping hand to one person, be careful not to kick someone else in the teeth.3. Always own a pair of old, faded jeans.
4. Count your blessings every day.
5. Acknowledge your successes along with your downfalls.
6. Burn the candle that has been in storage for the last two years.
7. Strive for progress, not perfection.
8. Remember, the voice telling you that you cannot do something is always lying.
9. At least once a day sit and do nothing.
10. Don’t close your heart so tightly against life’s pain that you shut out life’s blessings.
11. Celebrate all your birthdays no matter how old you get.
12. Examine your life for limitations and ask yourself why you put them there.
13. Plant a tree, pull weeds, or get your hands dirty.
14. Diminish your wants instead of increasing your needs.
15. Cry when you feel like it.
16. Rejoice in other people’s triumphs.
17. Don’t wait for someone else to laugh or express joy.
18. Forgive yourself for any mistake you make, no matter how big or small.
19. Keep good company.
20. Never take a pill for a pain you need to feel.
21. Use your enthusiasm to put yourself in forward gear and give yourself a spark to move ahead.
22. Look in the eyes of the ones you love when you are talking to them.
23. Remember that one is a whole number.
24. Walk in a summer rain shower without an umbrella.
25. Do a kind deed for someone else.
26. Keep your eyes and ears open to get the messages you need from people and events in your daily life.
27. Be patient.
28. Eat something green.
29. Change what you can and leave the rest alone.
30. Walk hand and hand with truth.
31. Make laughter and joy a greater part of your life than anger and grief.
32. Embrace solitude instead of running from it.
33. Be zealous, not jealous.
34. Forgive anyone you’ve been holding a grudge against.
35. Slow down and enjoy the present.
36. Walk in others’ shoes before judging them.
37. Send yourself a kind message.
38. Remind yourself that the company you keep is a reflection of what you think of yourself.
39. Go on a picnic.
40. Accept your fears, no matter how crazy they seem.
41. Don’t let other people’s opinions shape who you are.
42. Say a prayer.
43. Never attribute your accomplishments to luck or chance.
44. Know when to say no.
45. Look at the positive side of negative situation.
46. Remember that you are a spiritual being in a physical body.
47. Avoid seeking out other people for constant approval, because it make them the master and you the slave.
48. Go fly a kite.
49. Avoid fads and bandwagons.
50. Accept the things you cannot change.
51. Look inside instead of outside yourself for answers to life’s problems.
52. Remember that all feelings are okay.
53. Shield yourself from bad influences.
54. Stand up for what you believe in.
55. Respect the wishes of others when they say no.
56. Seize every moment and live it fully.
57. Give away or sell anything you haven’t used in the past five years.
58. Never downgrade yourself.
59. Take responsibility for what you think, feel and do.
60. Pamper yourself.
61. Never say or do anything abusive to a child.
62. Let yourself be God powered instead of flying solo.
63. Volunteer to help someone in need.
64. Refrain from overindulging in food, drink and work.
65. Finish unfinished business.
66. Be spontaneous.
67. Find a constructive outlet for your anger.
68. Think about abundance instead of lack, because whatever you think about expands.
69. Think of yourself as a survivor, not a victim.
70. Cuddle an animal.
71. Be open to life.
72. See success as something you already have, not something you must attain.
73. Experience the splendor and awe of a sunset.
74. When you score a base hit, don’t wish it were a home run.
75. Learn to be in the present moment.
76. Instead of believing in miracles, depend on them.
77. Take a child to the circus.
78. Change your attitude and your whole life will change.
79. Never turn your power over to another person.
80. When your heart is at odds with your head, follow your heart.
81. Always remember that the past is gone forever and the future never comes.
82. Live your life according to what is right for you.
83. Acknowledge your imperfections.
84. Plant a tree and watch it grow.
85. See “friend” instead of “enemy” on the face of strangers.
86. Watch an army of ants build their houses and cities and carry food ten times their weight.
87. Believe in something bigger than yourself.
88. Let the playful child within you come out.
89. Make haste slowly.
90. Work through your problems step by step and one day at a time.
91. Accept compliments from others so you can see the truth about yourself.
92. Sit on the lawn without worrying about grass stains.
93. Don’t condemn yourself for your imperfections.
94. Do a humility check periodically by loving the truth about yourself.
95. Tell someone you appreciate them.
96. Never live your life according to what is right for someone else.
97. Talk less and listen more.
98. Admit your wrongdoing and forgive yourself for it.
99. Thrive on inner peace instead of on crises.
100. Affirm all the good things about yourself.
Overwegcompound--I'm a spiritual, meditative, analysis, single, divorce christian man, with no children.
stories & tales
- @BarackObama You are truly missed, May God bless you and your family. 9 hours ago
- RT @BarackObama: I’ve always drawn inspiration from what Dr. King called life’s most persistent and urgent question: "What are you doing fo… 9 hours ago
- RT @DigitalTrends: This robot shovels snow for you. https://t.co/CGvhyPheLq 1 month ago
- RT @shiralazar: “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you on… 1 month ago
- RT @PauleyP: “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Matthew 16:26 Please read below: htt… 2 months ago
- @PauleyP Amen you keep telling them gurl... 2 months ago
- https://t.co/wN2wpqTXJe 3 months ago
- There is hope in Jesus There is freedom in Jesus There is truth in Jesus There is love in Jesus There is red… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- “Remember: what you possess in the world will be found at the day of your death to belong to someone else, but what… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- RT @PureMichigan: "Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart." - Eleanor Roo… 5 months ago
- Can We Reduce Suicides? Have Faith heritage.org/religious-libe… via @Heritage 7 months ago
- RT @BarackObama: “Low plastic stool, cheap but delicious noodles, cold Hanoi beer.” This is how I’ll remember Tony. He taught us about food… 7 months ago
- He who is grateful is never truly poor, and he who isn't is never truly rich. 1 year ago
- via.wxmi.com/u4PAF Intermediate dieting 1 year ago
- guideposts.org/inspiration/in… 1 year ago
- Just a thought...Anger does more damage to the vessel it is stored, than to the vessel it is toward...Mark Twain 1 year ago
- @BarackObama Amen 1 year ago
- RT @BarackObama: "...For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela 1 year ago
- RT @BarackObama: "People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love..." 1 year ago
- RT @BarackObama: "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." https://t.co/… 1 year ago
- abc's (7)
- accept (11)
- acceptance (47)
- affirmations (33)
- age (12)
- alphabet (4)
- alternatives (9)
- attitude (99)
- bible (164)
- bible study (102)
- cat (1)
- children (34)
- christian (415)
- christianity (202)
- christmas (1)
- church (27)
- comedy (48)
- comic (54)
- culture (51)
- daily (31)
- death (23)
- dog (6)
- end times (1)
- faith (23)
- feelings (62)
- friend (18)
- fruit (6)
- funny (64)
- God (99)
- handicap (10)
- happiness (26)
- heaven (19)
- hell (18)
- humor (66)
- hurts (14)
- insecurity (19)
- inspiration (55)
- jesus (78)
- life (102)
- lives (39)
- living (52)
- love (29)
- military (1)
- miscellaneous (54)
- mother (2)
- multiculture (11)
- nation (4)
- pain (18)
- parable (56)
- patience (31)
- peace (36)
- people (48)
- Philosophy (87)
- poem (43)
- positive (37)
- prayer (33)
- proverbs (40)
- religion (22)
- security (15)
- short story (222)
- sin (15)
- spiritual (53)
- stanley (64)
- story (32)
- stress (18)
- thinking (88)
- thoughts (130)
- time (8)
- truth (59)
- truths (28)
- Uncategorized (304)
- usa (1)
- ways to reduce stress (8)
- words (19)
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- October 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
dust in the wind tags
- been thinking
- bible study
- holy spirit
- new year
- new years
- short story
- time management
- Always a Child of God January 22, 2019During a church service I attended with my parents, according to the usual practice we held hands while saying the Lord’s Prayer together. As I stood with one hand clasped to my mother’s and the other to my father’s, I was struck by the thought that I will always be their daughter. Although I’m firmly in my middle age, I can still be called “the child of Leo […]Amy Boucher Pye
- Creation’s Song January 21, 2019Using acoustic astronomy, scientists can observe and listen to the sounds and pulses of space. They’ve found that stars don’t orbit in silence in the mysterious night sky, but rather generate music. Like humpback whale sounds, the resonance of stars exists at wavelengths or frequencies that may not be heard by the human ear. Yet, the music of stars and whale […]Remi Oyedele
- Where Are You Headed? January 20, 2019What determines our direction in life? I once heard an answer to that question in a surprising place: a motorcycle training course. Some friends and I wanted to ride, so we took a class to learn how. Part of our training dealt with something called target fixation. “Eventually,” our instructor said, “you’re going to face an unexpected obstacle. If you stare […]Adam Holz
- Always a Child of God January 22, 2019
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.