1. Never put yourself last. 2. When you extend a helping hand to one person, be careful not to kick someone else in the teeth.3. Always own a pair of old, faded jeans.
4. Count your blessings every day.
5. Acknowledge your successes along with your downfalls.
6. Burn the candle that has been in storage for the last two years.
7. Strive for progress, not perfection.
8. Remember, the voice telling you that you cannot do something is always lying.
9. At least once a day sit and do nothing.
10. Don’t close your heart so tightly against life’s pain that you shut out life’s blessings.
11. Celebrate all your birthdays no matter how old you get.
12. Examine your life for limitations and ask yourself why you put them there.
13. Plant a tree, pull weeds, or get your hands dirty.
14. Diminish your wants instead of increasing your needs.
15. Cry when you feel like it.
16. Rejoice in other people’s triumphs.
17. Don’t wait for someone else to laugh or express joy.
18. Forgive yourself for any mistake you make, no matter how big or small.
19. Keep good company.
20. Never take a pill for a pain you need to feel.
21. Use your enthusiasm to put yourself in forward gear and give yourself a spark to move ahead.
22. Look in the eyes of the ones you love when you are talking to them.
23. Remember that one is a whole number.
24. Walk in a summer rain shower without an umbrella.
25. Do a kind deed for someone else.
26. Keep your eyes and ears open to get the messages you need from people and events in your daily life.
27. Be patient.
28. Eat something green.
29. Change what you can and leave the rest alone.
30. Walk hand and hand with truth.
31. Make laughter and joy a greater part of your life than anger and grief.
32. Embrace solitude instead of running from it.
33. Be zealous, not jealous.
34. Forgive anyone you’ve been holding a grudge against.
35. Slow down and enjoy the present.
36. Walk in others’ shoes before judging them.
37. Send yourself a kind message.
38. Remind yourself that the company you keep is a reflection of what you think of yourself.
39. Go on a picnic.
40. Accept your fears, no matter how crazy they seem.
41. Don’t let other people’s opinions shape who you are.
42. Say a prayer.
43. Never attribute your accomplishments to luck or chance.
44. Know when to say no.
45. Look at the positive side of negative situation.
46. Remember that you are a spiritual being in a physical body.
47. Avoid seeking out other people for constant approval, because it make them the master and you the slave.
48. Go fly a kite.
49. Avoid fads and bandwagons.
50. Accept the things you cannot change.
51. Look inside instead of outside yourself for answers to life’s problems.
52. Remember that all feelings are okay.
53. Shield yourself from bad influences.
54. Stand up for what you believe in.
55. Respect the wishes of others when they say no.
56. Seize every moment and live it fully.
57. Give away or sell anything you haven’t used in the past five years.
58. Never downgrade yourself.
59. Take responsibility for what you think, feel and do.
60. Pamper yourself.
61. Never say or do anything abusive to a child.
62. Let yourself be God powered instead of flying solo.
63. Volunteer to help someone in need.
64. Refrain from overindulging in food, drink and work.
65. Finish unfinished business.
66. Be spontaneous.
67. Find a constructive outlet for your anger.
68. Think about abundance instead of lack, because whatever you think about expands.
69. Think of yourself as a survivor, not a victim.
70. Cuddle an animal.
71. Be open to life.
72. See success as something you already have, not something you must attain.
73. Experience the splendor and awe of a sunset.
74. When you score a base hit, don’t wish it were a home run.
75. Learn to be in the present moment.
76. Instead of believing in miracles, depend on them.
77. Take a child to the circus.
78. Change your attitude and your whole life will change.
79. Never turn your power over to another person.
80. When your heart is at odds with your head, follow your heart.
81. Always remember that the past is gone forever and the future never comes.
82. Live your life according to what is right for you.
83. Acknowledge your imperfections.
84. Plant a tree and watch it grow.
85. See “friend” instead of “enemy” on the face of strangers.
86. Watch an army of ants build their houses and cities and carry food ten times their weight.
87. Believe in something bigger than yourself.
88. Let the playful child within you come out.
89. Make haste slowly.
90. Work through your problems step by step and one day at a time.
91. Accept compliments from others so you can see the truth about yourself.
92. Sit on the lawn without worrying about grass stains.
93. Don’t condemn yourself for your imperfections.
94. Do a humility check periodically by loving the truth about yourself.
95. Tell someone you appreciate them.
96. Never live your life according to what is right for someone else.
97. Talk less and listen more.
98. Admit your wrongdoing and forgive yourself for it.
99. Thrive on inner peace instead of on crises.
100. Affirm all the good things about yourself.
Overwegcompound--I'm a spiritual, meditative, analysis, single, divorce christian man, with no children.
stories & tales
- Do not just GO through life, GROW through life... 3 days ago
- RT @greglaurie: Periodically evaluate what you are doing and who you are doing it with. Ask, “Is this is a wing or is it a weight?” 2 months ago
- RT @greglaurie: Our greatest battles don’t usually come when we are working hard. They come when we are bored and our guard is down. #world… 2 months ago
- The Gift of Marginalia intouch.org/read/magazine/… 2 months ago
- RT @realDonaldTrump: Today on Earth Day, we celebrate our beautiful forests, lakes and land. We stand committed to preserving the natural b… 3 months ago
- RT @realDonaldTrump: I am committed to keeping our air and water clean but always remember that economic growth enhances environmental prot… 3 months ago
- @realDonaldTrump Then protect the Great Lakes the largest fresh water in the world & not take money away The Asian… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 months ago
- WATCH: The internet has gone cuckoo for the Elvis-impersonating cockatoo joe.ie/life-style/wat… via @joedotie 3 months ago
- michigan.org/blog/guest-blo… 4 months ago
- RT @brentashcroft: Star Wars 'Make-A-Wish' surprise at airport for boy with rare illness (Via WZZM 13) @HamillHimself https://t.co/jNcAYh… 4 months ago
- RT @AudraEqualityMc: Remember, tomorrow we are not crowning a king, or bowing down to a dictator. Tomorrow our new employee starts his temp… 6 months ago
- You are the Temple of God myjourneywithgod.org/single-post/20… 7 months ago
- Creativity: Approaching a need, a task, or an idea from a new perspective. 3 years ago
- Tolerance: Accepting others at different levels of maturity. 3 years ago
- Resourcefulness: Making wise use of what others might overlook and discard. 3 years ago
- Punctuality: Showing esteem for others by doing the right thing at the right time. 3 years ago
- Sincerity: Eagerness to do what is right with transparent motives. 3 years ago
- Truthfulness: Earning future trust by accurately reporting past facts. 3 years ago
- Benevolence: Giving to others without having as my motive personal award. 3 years ago
- I am not as good as I should be. I am not as good as I could be. But thank God I’m better than I used to be! 3 years ago
- abc's (6)
- accept (11)
- acceptance (46)
- affirmations (32)
- age (12)
- alphabet (4)
- alternatives (9)
- attitude (97)
- bible (162)
- bible study (102)
- cat (1)
- children (34)
- christian (403)
- christianity (200)
- church (24)
- comedy (48)
- comic (53)
- culture (51)
- daily (31)
- death (23)
- dog (6)
- end times (1)
- faith (23)
- feelings (62)
- friend (18)
- fruit (6)
- funny (60)
- God (99)
- handicap (9)
- happiness (26)
- heaven (17)
- hell (16)
- humor (64)
- hurts (14)
- insecurity (19)
- inspiration (47)
- jesus (76)
- life (100)
- lives (39)
- living (51)
- love (29)
- military (1)
- miscellaneous (52)
- mother (2)
- multiculture (11)
- nation (4)
- pain (18)
- parable (53)
- patience (31)
- peace (36)
- people (48)
- Philosophy (81)
- poem (43)
- positive (37)
- prayer (33)
- proverbs (38)
- religion (22)
- security (15)
- short story (214)
- sin (15)
- spiritual (51)
- stanley (64)
- story (31)
- stress (18)
- thinking (86)
- thoughts (123)
- time (8)
- truth (57)
- truths (28)
- Uncategorized (272)
- usa (1)
- ways to reduce stress (8)
- words (19)
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- October 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
dust in the wind tagsaccept affirmations age angels attitude bible bible study blessings child children christian christianity christmas church comedy comic culture death easter end times faith feelings forgive forgiveness funny gifts God heaven hell holy spirit hope humor hurts inner-peace insecurity inspiration jesus kids life list lives living love miscellaneous mother new year new years pain parable peace people Philosophy poem positive pray prayer relationships religion rewards security short story sin spiritual stanley story stress thanks thanksgiving thinking thoughts time time management truth valentine world
- Building Community July 24, 2017“Community” is the place where the person you least want to live with always lives, says Henri Nouwen. Often we surround ourselves with the people we most want to live with, which forms a club or a clique, not a community. Anyone can form a club; it takes grace, shared vision, and hard work to form a community. The Christian church was the first institution […]Philip Yancey
- Didn’t Get Credit? July 23, 2017Hollywood musicals were wildly popular during the 1950s and ’60s, and three actresses in particular—Audrey Hepburn, Natalie Wood, and Deborah Kerr—thrilled viewers with their compelling performances. But a huge part of the appeal of these actresses was the breathtaking singing that enhanced their acting. In fact, the classic films’ successes were actually du […]Cindy Hess Kasper
- “I’m Really Scared . . .” July 22, 2017“I’m really scared.” This was the poignant note a teenager posted to friends on Facebook as she told them of some upcoming medical tests. She was facing hospitalization and a series of procedures in a city three hours from home and anxiously waited as doctors tried to discover the source of some serious medical problems she was experiencing. Who of us, in yo […]Dave Branon
- Building Community July 24, 2017
- Not a Sprint July 23, 2017In 1983, a sixty-one-year-old potato farmer named Cliff Young showed up for a grueling, weeklong ultramarathon from Sydney to Melbourne—in overalls and work boots. He shuffled off the starting line as the much younger and athletic runners sprinted ahead. Soon he was miles behind. Spectators feared for his health. But that night, as the other runners slept, C […]Mike Wittmer
- Streams of Mercy July 22, 2017The council in Cassandra Boyson’s Seeker’s Trilogy was responsible for maintaining law and order in the name of the “Great One.” Instead, they were corrupt, singling out people they deemed different for cruel treatment. Slowly the surrounding society began to decay—reflecting the council’s immoral ways. Yet in a surprising twist, the Great One righted the wr […]Remi Oyedele
- No Floating July 21, 2017I was power-trimming weeds beneath a large tree in our backyard when I felt a painful, burning jab to the back of my skull. Turning, I noticed several hornets buzzing around me. Having been already stung by one, I fled the scene. Later that night I discovered I had bumped the hornets’ watermelon-sized nest with my head! A sting had snapped me out of my cluel […]Tom Felten
- Not a Sprint July 23, 2017