1. Never put yourself last. 2. When you extend a helping hand to one person, be careful not to kick someone else in the teeth.3. Always own a pair of old, faded jeans.
4. Count your blessings every day.
5. Acknowledge your successes along with your downfalls.
6. Burn the candle that has been in storage for the last two years.
7. Strive for progress, not perfection.
8. Remember, the voice telling you that you cannot do something is always lying.
9. At least once a day sit and do nothing.
10. Don’t close your heart so tightly against life’s pain that you shut out life’s blessings.
11. Celebrate all your birthdays no matter how old you get.
12. Examine your life for limitations and ask yourself why you put them there.
13. Plant a tree, pull weeds, or get your hands dirty.
14. Diminish your wants instead of increasing your needs.
15. Cry when you feel like it.
16. Rejoice in other people’s triumphs.
17. Don’t wait for someone else to laugh or express joy.
18. Forgive yourself for any mistake you make, no matter how big or small.
19. Keep good company.
20. Never take a pill for a pain you need to feel.
21. Use your enthusiasm to put yourself in forward gear and give yourself a spark to move ahead.
22. Look in the eyes of the ones you love when you are talking to them.
23. Remember that one is a whole number.
24. Walk in a summer rain shower without an umbrella.
25. Do a kind deed for someone else.
26. Keep your eyes and ears open to get the messages you need from people and events in your daily life.
27. Be patient.
28. Eat something green.
29. Change what you can and leave the rest alone.
30. Walk hand and hand with truth.
31. Make laughter and joy a greater part of your life than anger and grief.
32. Embrace solitude instead of running from it.
33. Be zealous, not jealous.
34. Forgive anyone you’ve been holding a grudge against.
35. Slow down and enjoy the present.
36. Walk in others’ shoes before judging them.
37. Send yourself a kind message.
38. Remind yourself that the company you keep is a reflection of what you think of yourself.
39. Go on a picnic.
40. Accept your fears, no matter how crazy they seem.
41. Don’t let other people’s opinions shape who you are.
42. Say a prayer.
43. Never attribute your accomplishments to luck or chance.
44. Know when to say no.
45. Look at the positive side of negative situation.
46. Remember that you are a spiritual being in a physical body.
47. Avoid seeking out other people for constant approval, because it make them the master and you the slave.
48. Go fly a kite.
49. Avoid fads and bandwagons.
50. Accept the things you cannot change.
51. Look inside instead of outside yourself for answers to life’s problems.
52. Remember that all feelings are okay.
53. Shield yourself from bad influences.
54. Stand up for what you believe in.
55. Respect the wishes of others when they say no.
56. Seize every moment and live it fully.
57. Give away or sell anything you haven’t used in the past five years.
58. Never downgrade yourself.
59. Take responsibility for what you think, feel and do.
60. Pamper yourself.
61. Never say or do anything abusive to a child.
62. Let yourself be God powered instead of flying solo.
63. Volunteer to help someone in need.
64. Refrain from overindulging in food, drink and work.
65. Finish unfinished business.
66. Be spontaneous.
67. Find a constructive outlet for your anger.
68. Think about abundance instead of lack, because whatever you think about expands.
69. Think of yourself as a survivor, not a victim.
70. Cuddle an animal.
71. Be open to life.
72. See success as something you already have, not something you must attain.
73. Experience the splendor and awe of a sunset.
74. When you score a base hit, don’t wish it were a home run.
75. Learn to be in the present moment.
76. Instead of believing in miracles, depend on them.
77. Take a child to the circus.
78. Change your attitude and your whole life will change.
79. Never turn your power over to another person.
80. When your heart is at odds with your head, follow your heart.
81. Always remember that the past is gone forever and the future never comes.
82. Live your life according to what is right for you.
83. Acknowledge your imperfections.
84. Plant a tree and watch it grow.
85. See “friend” instead of “enemy” on the face of strangers.
86. Watch an army of ants build their houses and cities and carry food ten times their weight.
87. Believe in something bigger than yourself.
88. Let the playful child within you come out.
89. Make haste slowly.
90. Work through your problems step by step and one day at a time.
91. Accept compliments from others so you can see the truth about yourself.
92. Sit on the lawn without worrying about grass stains.
93. Don’t condemn yourself for your imperfections.
94. Do a humility check periodically by loving the truth about yourself.
95. Tell someone you appreciate them.
96. Never live your life according to what is right for someone else.
97. Talk less and listen more.
98. Admit your wrongdoing and forgive yourself for it.
99. Thrive on inner peace instead of on crises.
100. Affirm all the good things about yourself.
Overwegcompound--I'm a spiritual, meditative, analysis, single, divorce christian man, with no children.
stories & tales
- He who is grateful is never truly poor, and he who isn't is never truly rich. 3 weeks ago
- via.wxmi.com/u4PAF Intermediate dieting 2 months ago
- guideposts.org/inspiration/in… 4 months ago
- Just a thought...Anger does more damage to the vessel it is stored, than to the vessel it is toward...Mark Twain 4 months ago
- @BarackObama Amen 5 months ago
- RT @BarackObama: "...For love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite." - Nelson Mandela 5 months ago
- RT @BarackObama: "People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love..." 5 months ago
- RT @BarackObama: "No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion..." https://t.co/… 5 months ago
- RT @aaronofseyer: 🐛🐛🐛The hazards of live TV outdoors: https://t.co/TfZcv6Qe5M 5 months ago
- Do not just GO through life, GROW through life... 6 months ago
- RT @greglaurie: Periodically evaluate what you are doing and who you are doing it with. Ask, “Is this is a wing or is it a weight?” 8 months ago
- RT @greglaurie: Our greatest battles don’t usually come when we are working hard. They come when we are bored and our guard is down. #world… 8 months ago
- The Gift of Marginalia intouch.org/read/magazine/… 9 months ago
- RT @realDonaldTrump: Today on Earth Day, we celebrate our beautiful forests, lakes and land. We stand committed to preserving the natural b… 9 months ago
- RT @realDonaldTrump: I am committed to keeping our air and water clean but always remember that economic growth enhances environmental prot… 9 months ago
- @realDonaldTrump Then protect the Great Lakes the largest fresh water in the world & not take money away The Asian… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 9 months ago
- WATCH: The internet has gone cuckoo for the Elvis-impersonating cockatoo joe.ie/life-style/wat… via @joedotie 9 months ago
- michigan.org/blog/guest-blo… 10 months ago
- RT @brentashcroft: Star Wars 'Make-A-Wish' surprise at airport for boy with rare illness (Via WZZM 13) @HamillHimself https://t.co/jNcAYh… 10 months ago
- RT @AudraEqualityMc: Remember, tomorrow we are not crowning a king, or bowing down to a dictator. Tomorrow our new employee starts his temp… 1 year ago
- abc's (6)
- accept (11)
- acceptance (46)
- affirmations (32)
- age (12)
- alphabet (4)
- alternatives (9)
- attitude (97)
- bible (162)
- bible study (102)
- cat (1)
- children (34)
- christian (404)
- christianity (200)
- church (24)
- comedy (48)
- comic (53)
- culture (51)
- daily (31)
- death (23)
- dog (6)
- end times (1)
- faith (23)
- feelings (62)
- friend (18)
- fruit (6)
- funny (60)
- God (99)
- handicap (9)
- happiness (26)
- heaven (18)
- hell (17)
- humor (64)
- hurts (14)
- insecurity (19)
- inspiration (47)
- jesus (76)
- life (101)
- lives (39)
- living (51)
- love (29)
- military (1)
- miscellaneous (52)
- mother (2)
- multiculture (11)
- nation (4)
- pain (18)
- parable (53)
- patience (31)
- peace (36)
- people (48)
- Philosophy (81)
- poem (43)
- positive (37)
- prayer (33)
- proverbs (38)
- religion (22)
- security (15)
- short story (214)
- sin (15)
- spiritual (51)
- stanley (64)
- story (31)
- stress (18)
- thinking (86)
- thoughts (123)
- time (8)
- truth (57)
- truths (28)
- Uncategorized (278)
- usa (1)
- ways to reduce stress (8)
- words (19)
- December 2017
- November 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- October 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
dust in the wind tags
- bible study
- end times
- holy spirit
- new year
- new years
- short story
- time management
- Promises, Promises January 21, 2018My youngest daughter and I have a game we call “Pinchers.” When she goes up the stairs, I’ll chase her and try to give her a little pinch. The rules are that I can only pinch her (gently, of course!) when she’s on the stairs. Once she’s at the top, she’s safe. Sometimes, though, she’s not in the mood to play. And if I follow her up the stairs, she’ll sternly […]Adam Holz
- My Help! January 20, 2018For decades the renowned Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir has blessed multitudes through their soul-refreshing gospel songs. One example is their recording from Psalm 121 titled “My Help.” Psalm 121 begins with a personal confession of faith in the Lord who brought all things into existence, and He was the source of the psalmist’s help (vv. 1–2). Just what did this […]Arthur Jackson
- By the Spirit’s Power January 19, 2018What do you do when there is a mountain in your way? The story of Dashrath Manjhi can inspire us. When his wife died because he was unable to get her to the hospital to receive urgent medical care, Manjhi did what seemed impossible. He spent twenty-two years chiseling a massive gap in a mountain so other villagers could get to the local hospital to receive t […]Marvin Williams
- Promises, Promises January 21, 2018
- Light of God’s Love January 21, 2018Hieronymus Bosch’s painting Ascent of the Blessed depicts souls being escorted from a place of darkness through a tunnel leading to dazzling light. At the end of the tunnel awaits a radiant being. The painting portrays a phenomenon often described by those who have had a near-death experience—a “tunnel of light” leading to what seems to be heaven.Remi Oyedele
- It’s Finished! January 20, 2018During our lifetimes we might occasionally find ourselves uttering the words, “It’s finished!” For the student who just took a final exam, it means “I’m done with that class,” or perhaps even “I’m finally graduating!” For the project manager, it could mean, “The project is successfully completed.” For the husband ending a conflict with his wife, it could dec […]K. T. Sim
- The God Who Gives January 19, 2018Many organizations have benefited from the charitable donations of the Mary Stuart Rogers Foundation, which has funded college scholarships, universities, medical centers, and much more. When the head of the foundation, John Rogers, was asked for his motivation for giving, he said this: “You can’t take it with you. I am a custodian of the money God has given […]Peter Chin
- Light of God’s Love January 21, 2018