10 RULES FOR A BLESSED DAY
1. TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACK . . .
If someone is rude, if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind, I will
not respond in a like manner.
2. TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY ‘ENEMY’
If I come across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will quietly
ask God to bless that individual. I understand “enemy” could be a family
member, neighbor, co-worker or stranger.
3. TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY . . .
I will carefully choose and guard my words being certain that I do not
4. TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE . . .
I will find ways to help share the burden of another person.
5. TODAY I WILL FORGIVE . . .
I will forgive any hurts or injuries that come my way.
6. TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING KIND FOR SOMEONE, (BUT I WILL DO IT IN SECRET .
. . )
I will reach out anonymously and bless the life of another.
7. TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED . . .
I will practice the golden rule. “Do Unto others as I would have them do
unto me”- with EVERYONE I encounter.
8. TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO IS DISCOURAGED . . .
My smile, my words, my expression of support, can make the difference to
someone who is wrestling with life.
9. TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY . . .
I will eat less . . . I will eat only healthy foods. I will thank God for my
10. TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY . . .
I will spend a little more time in prayer today. I will begin reading
something spiritual or inspirational; I will find a quiet place (at some
point during this day) and listen to God’s voice.
He answered: ” ‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your
soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, ‘Love your
neighbor as yourself.'”
We learn three principles about loving our neighbor: (1) lack of love is
often easy to justify, even though it is never right; (2) our neighbor is
anyone of any race, creed, or social background who is in need; and (3) love
means acting to meet the person’s needs. Wherever you live, there are needy
people close by. There is no good reason for refusing to help.
Remember, today is a gift from God so treat it preciously
— Author Unknown