12 STEP PROGRAM OF RECOVERY FOR WEB ADDICTS
1) I will have a cup of coffee in the morning and read my PAPER
newspaper like I used to, before the Web.
2) I will eat breakfast with a knife and fork and not with one hand
3) I will get dressed before noon.
4) I will make an attempt to clean the house, wash clothes, and plan
dinner before even thinking of the Web.
5) I will sit down and write a PAPER letter to those unfortunate few
friends and family that are Web-deprived.
6) I will call someone on the phone whom I cannot contact via the Web.
7) I will read a PAPER book.
8) I will listen to those around me and their needs and stop telling
them to turn the TV down so I can hear my music on the Web.
9) I will not be tempted during TV commercials to check for email.
10) I will try and get out of the house at least once a week, if it is
necessary or not.
11) I will remember that my bank is not forgiving if I forget to
balance my checkbook because I was too busy on the Web.
12) Last, but not least, I will remember that I must go to bed
sometime…and the Web will always be there tomorrow!
If Wile E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME stuff, why
didn’t he just buy dinner?