Overwegcompound--I'm a spiritual, meditative, analysis, single, divorce christian man, with no children.
stories & tales
- @SHZCH @1450whtc I just scheduled surgery with this medical group, this past Wednesday, with Dr. Goodwin, there is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @PauleyP: Great day at church on Easter. Flowers and bonnets and Jesus and friends! https://t.co/qx9GpAABjF 1 year ago
- @PauleyP Beautiful pictures may God bless you and your friends 1 year ago
- RT @BarackObama: Here’s a story about people doing good that's worth sharing: @BradPaisley and his wife @Kimwilliamspais saw food insecurit… 1 year ago
- RT @PauleyP: So @JussieSmollett #JussieSmollet Do you want to know how a REAL VICTIM FEELS?... https://t.co/zTiXyd8uaD 1 year ago
- @bsteffen The poor and the lower middle class but the big question is will they put it all into the roads maybe at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @matthewkirkwood: These conditions will NOT improve. If you are unlucky enough to get into a crash tomorrow w/ wind chills 20 to 40 belo… 1 year ago
- @matthewkirkwood m.facebook.com/story.php?stor… 1 year ago
- @gretchenwhitmer At least someone in the Government knows what's going on for the people. 1 year ago
- RT @gretchenwhitmer: It's imperative that we are proactive with record-low temperatures being predicted by the National Weather Service. Wi… 1 year ago
- @BarackObama You are truly missed, May God bless you and your family. 1 year ago
- RT @BarackObama: I’ve always drawn inspiration from what Dr. King called life’s most persistent and urgent question: "What are you doing fo… 1 year ago
- RT @DigitalTrends: This robot shovels snow for you. https://t.co/CGvhyPheLq 1 year ago
- RT @shiralazar: “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you on… 1 year ago
- RT @PauleyP: “For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Matthew 16:26 Please read below: htt… 1 year ago
- @PauleyP Amen you keep telling them gurl... 1 year ago
- https://t.co/wN2wpqTXJe 1 year ago
- There is hope in Jesus There is freedom in Jesus There is truth in Jesus There is love in Jesus There is red… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- “Remember: what you possess in the world will be found at the day of your death to belong to someone else, but what… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- RT @PureMichigan: "Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart." - Eleanor Roo… 1 year ago
- abc's (7)
- accept (11)
- acceptance (47)
- affirmations (34)
- age (12)
- alphabet (4)
- alternatives (9)
- attitude (99)
- bible (164)
- bible study (102)
- cat (1)
- children (34)
- christian (417)
- christianity (203)
- christmas (2)
- church (27)
- comedy (49)
- comic (55)
- culture (52)
- daily (31)
- death (23)
- dog (6)
- end times (1)
- faith (24)
- feelings (62)
- friend (18)
- fruit (6)
- funny (65)
- God (99)
- handicap (11)
- happiness (26)
- heaven (19)
- hell (18)
- humor (67)
- hurts (14)
- insecurity (19)
- inspiration (56)
- jesus (78)
- life (102)
- lives (39)
- living (52)
- love (29)
- military (1)
- miscellaneous (55)
- mother (2)
- multiculture (11)
- nation (4)
- pain (18)
- parable (57)
- patience (31)
- peace (36)
- people (48)
- Philosophy (90)
- poem (43)
- positive (37)
- prayer (33)
- proverbs (41)
- religion (22)
- security (15)
- short story (222)
- sin (15)
- spiritual (53)
- stanley (64)
- story (32)
- stress (19)
- thinking (90)
- thoughts (132)
- time (8)
- truth (60)
- truths (28)
- Uncategorized (313)
- usa (1)
- ways to reduce stress (10)
- words (19)
July 2020 M T W T F S S 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- March 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- June 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- October 2009
- August 2009
- July 2009
- June 2009
- May 2009
- April 2009
- March 2009
- February 2009
- January 2009
- December 2008
- November 2008
- October 2008
- September 2008
- August 2008
- July 2008
- June 2008
- May 2008
- April 2008
- March 2008
- February 2008
- January 2008
- December 2007
- November 2007
- October 2007
dust in the wind tags
- been thinking
- bible study
- holy spirit
- new year
- short story
- time management
- Not Taking Advantage July 10, 2020Several inmates were collecting roadside garbage to reduce their jail time when their supervisor, James, collapsed. They rushed to his aid and realized he was having a medical emergency. One inmate borrowed James’s phone to call for help. The sheriff’s department later thanked the inmates for helping get their supervisor prompt medical attention, especially […]Kirsten Holmberg
- The Foolish Way of New Life July 9, 2020Some things just don’t make sense until you experience them. When I was pregnant with my first child, I read multiple books about childbirth and listened to dozens of women tell their stories of labor and delivery. But I still couldn’t really imagine what the experience would be like. What my body was going to do seemed impossible! Birth into God’s kingdom, […]Amy Peterson
- A Friend in Failure July 8, 2020On November 27, 1939, three treasure hunters accompanied by film crews dug through the asphalt outside of the Hollywood Bowl amphitheater in Southern California. They were looking for the Cahuenga Pass treasure, consisting of gold, diamonds, and pearls rumored to have been buried there seventy-five years earlier. They never found it. After twenty-four da […]James Banks
- Not Taking Advantage July 10, 2020
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
Thoughts Are Just Thoughts: How to Stop Worshiping Your Anxious Mind | Anxiety and Depression Association of America, ADAA
This is a very good read from quora short and to the point very truthful
Answer to How do I stop over thinking and to let go of the past with toxic people? by Vidya Chagan https://www.quora.com/How-do-I-stop-over-thinking-and-to-let-go-of-the-past-with-toxic-people/answer/Vidya-Chagan?ch=99&share=d6817efe&srid=olpup
Answer to How does one overcome depression and anxiety? by Ananthi Mathur https://www.quora.com/How-does-one-overcome-depression-and-anxiety/answer/Ananthi-Mathur?ch=99&share=e6960cdb&srid=olpup
Life is like T. P. the closer to the end you get, the faster it goes.
A man was sleeping at night in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light and the Savior appeared. The Lord told the man he had work for him to do, and showed him a large rock in front of his cabin. The Lord explained that the man was to push against the rock with all his might. This the man did, day after day.
For many years he toiled from sun up to sun down, his shoulders set squarely against the cold, massive surface of the unmoving rock, pushing with all his might. Each night the man returned to his cabin sore, and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been spent in vain. Seeing that the man was showing signs of discouragement, the adversary decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts into the man’s weary mind: “You have been pushing against that rock for a long time, and it hasn’t budged. Why kill yourself over this? You are never going to move it.” Thus giving the man the impression that the task was impossible and that he was a failure. These thoughts discouraged and disheartened the man. “Why kill myself over this?” he thought. “I’ll just put in my time, giving just the minimum effort and that will be good enough.” And that is what he planned to do until one day he decided to make it a matter of prayer and take his troubled thoughts to the Lord.
“Lord” he said, “I have labored long and hard in your service, putting all my strength to do that which you have asked. Yet, after all this time, I have not even budged that rock by half a millimeter. What is wrong? Why am I failing?”
The Lord responded compassionately, “My friend, when I asked you to serve me and you accepted, I told you that your task was to push against the rock with all, your strength, which you have done. Never once did I mention to you that I expected you to move it. Your task was to push, and now you come to me, with your strength spent, thinking that you have failed. But, is that really so? Look at yourself. Your arms are strong and muscled, your back sinewy and brown, your hands are callused from constant pressure, and your legs have become massive and hard. Through opposition you have grown much and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have. Yet you haven’t moved the rock. But your calling was to be obedient and to push and to exercise your faith and trust in My wisdom. This you have done. I, my friend, will now move the rock.”
At times, when we hear a word from God, we tend to use our own intellect to decipher what He wants, when actually what God wants is just simple obedience and faith in Him…. By all means, exercise the faith that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who moves the mountains.
When everything seems to go wrong,…just P.U.S.H.!
When the job gets you down,…just P.U.S.H.!
When people don’t react the way you think they should,…just P.U.S.H.!
When your money looks funny and the bills are due,…just P.U.S.H.!
When you want to tell them off for whatever the reason,…just P.U.S.H.!
When people just don’t understand you,…just P.U.S.H.!
P.U.S.H — Pray Until Something Happens!!!!!
— Author Unknown
Just when you think you’ve won the rat race, along come faster rats.
Two friends drove by a gas station.
The first one says, “These prices are awful. They just keep going higher!”
The second replies, “It doesn’t affect me at all. I always put in just $20 worth.”
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LIFE
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Memorize your favorite poem.
- Don’t believe all you hear.
- Don’t spend all you have.
- Don’t sleep all you want.
- When you say, “I love you”, mean it.
- When you say, “I’m sorry”, look the person in the eye.
- Be engaged at least 6 months before you get married.
- Believe in love at first sight.
- Never laugh at anyone’s dreams.
- Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt but it’s the only way to live life completely.
- In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
- Don’t judge people by their relatives.
- Talk slowly, but think quickly.
- When someone asks you a question you don’t want to answer, smile and ask, “why do you want to know?”
- Remember that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- Call your parents.
- Say, “God bless you” when you hear someone sneeze.
- When you lose, don’t lose the lesson.
- Remember the 3 r’s: respect for self; respect for others; responsibility for all your actions.
- Don’t let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you’ve made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
- Marry a person you love to talk to. As you grow older, his or her conversational skills will be as important as any other.
- Spend some time alone.
- Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Read more books and watch less tv.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll get to enjoy it a second time.
- Trust in God but lock your car.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is so important. Do all you can to create a tranquil, harmonious home.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal with a current situation. Don’t bring up the past.
- Read between the lines.
- Share your knowledge. It’s a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- PRAY. There’s immeasurable power in it.
- Never interrupt when you are being flattered. Say, “thank you”.
- Mind your own business.
- Don’t trust a person who doesn’t close his or her eyes when you kiss them.
- Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.
- If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. That is wealth’s greatest satisfaction.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules, then break some.
- Remember that the best relationship is one where your love for each other is greater than your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Remember that your character is your destiny.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
— Author Unknown
I ASKED GOD
I asked God to take away my pride.
God said “No”.
It is not for me to take away, but for you to give it up.
I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.
God said “No”.
Her spirit was whole, her body was only temporary.
I asked God to grant me patience.
God said “No”.
Patience is a by-product of tribulations; it isn’t granted, it is earned.
I asked God to give me happiness.
God said “No”.
I give you blessings, happiness is up to you.
I asked God to spare me pain.
God said “No”.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.
I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said “No”.
You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to make you fruitful.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said “No”.
I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things.
I ask God to help me LOVE others, as much as he loves me.
God said… Ahhhh, finally you have the idea!
— Author Unknown
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT AS THE NEW YEAR BEGINS:
There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days which should be kept from fear and apprehension.
One of these days is “YESTERDAY” with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. “YESTERDAY” has passed forever beyond our control.
All the money in the world cannot bring back “YESTERDAY.” We cannot erase a single word we said. “YESTERDAY” is gone.
The other day we should not worry about is “TOMORROW” with its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and poor performances. “TOMORROW” is beyond our control.
“TOMORROW’S” sun will still rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in “”TOMORROW,” for it is yet unborn.
This leaves only one day — “TODAY.” Any person can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities — “YESTERDAY” and “TOMORROW” — that we break down. It is not the experience of “TODAY” that drives people mad— it is remorse of bitterness for something which happened “YESTERDAY” and dread of what will happen “TOMORROW.”
— Author Unknown